Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Updates....

Has it really been almost a month since I have posted anything....
It really has!!! Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on what's been going on with the Roberts' at the 504 Cottage....

1. Wes' Photography business is going strong! The Lord is continuing to bless him (us) with continued bookings and we are looking forward to the 2010 "Wedding Season!" Please pray with us that we continue to look to the Lord for guidance and run our business with honesty, integrity and glorify Him through all that we do! If you are in need of a photographer (and a great one at that) look him up - www.wesrobertsphotography.com

2. We have had the Swine Flu!!! Yes, that is right folks...Last week, Sept. 28, I visited my regular physician for what I thought was a bad chest cold. Well, I was told I had bronchitis and was given an antibiotic and told to stay home a day or so and rest. Well, by Wednesday, I was miserable and worse than I was on Monday. I had a scheduled 34 week OB check-up...my doctor noticed that I was obviously deathly sick and was running a fever - along with all of this - our little man was not moving very much and I was having some contractions (at 34 weeks). So my OB doctor (who I love, love, love) sent Wes and I on over to the hospital so that they could monitor the baby and so that I could get a flu swab. They were able to get the baby to move by some force and we established a strong heart beat on the monitor after about an hour of monitoring...the contractions were thought to be coming on because of dehydration. After that was over, we headed to the Lab at the hospital for the flu swab. We left the hospital and it wasn't 10 minutes later that my doctor called and said that I had tested positive for Type A flu virus (H1N1) and he was going to call in Tamiflu for both Wes and myself. On top of me being sick as a dog, Wes was coming down with it as well...so we both stayed home for most of last week and just did nothing, but watch some movies and sleep! We are both on the mend, but have been told the cough and congestion can last up to 2 weeks after the initial virus is gone...so we are still coughing and blowing our noses :) Thankfully, little man is still ok and it has not affected my breathing much!

3. With all that said, we are 35 weeks pregnant! Only 5 weeks to go...or as my baby counter says 32 days....what!! We are not prepared...still have lots of little items that we need to get to make our little man comfortable when we bring him home...I think Mommy is going to need a few things as well :) But needless to say, we are thrilled and can't wait to meet him!!! Wes and I are so thankful for God bringing us this far with the pregnancy - we pray little man holds out a few more weeks so that he is properly developed! On a side note, I was able to pencil myself into Wes' calendar and he did a mini photo shoot of me pregnant at 33 weeks...I will try to post those tonight :)

4. Home renovations are still in the works, but have obviously been pushed to the back burner...
We are waiting on our painter to begin working on the outside - I love the colors I have picked out for the 504 cottage! We do, however, have all new doors and windows! It is nice to be able to open a window for some fresh air. The original windows (1940's) were painted shut and not in operation. We did make sure the contractor saved them for us - so if you are in need of an old window for decorating...let me know we have about 15 of them :) We would also like to do some landscaping in the spring...back and front yard - and fix up our small back patio area!

*I believe that is all for now...I am excited that Fall has arrived here in Alabama! The weather cooling off really makes a pregnant woman happy! I hope you have a great week and your October is filled with beautiful fall colors and pumpkins on your door step!

Blessings,
Meagan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan! Bless your heart. Im glad that everyone is ok. Thanks for the update! Enjoy the fall...I'm loving it too.

Julie said...

Sorry to hear you were so miserable, but glad everyone is on the mend. Let me know what some of the things are you are still in need of. I'll see if I can help any.