Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Choose Hope...

For those of you who don't know...

During the summer of 2008, one of my greatest heroes - my Dad, was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer. Bladder Cancer...that was the first time I had heard of anyone being diagnosed with that. He has come through so much - they removed the cancerous tumor in his bladder in June, 2008. He began treatments shortly after that. He is still in the process of his treatments and will continue them until the doctor feels confident that he can stop. My prayer is that this June we can celebrate 1 year cancer free! My father is such an incredible man. Not only did he work extremely hard to provide the best for my mother, my sister and myself - but he also raised me with great values and morals. He cares for and loves me so much and for that I grateful! He would always take time out of his busy life and made sure he spent time with all of us! He takes such good care of my mother and loves her so much! My parents will be married 29 years in April!

With all of this being said, I found an amazing website that supports all different types of cancers! I have been searching for the designated "color" for bladder cancer and some stuff to buy to support bladder cancer awareness and research. I have found that on the Choose Hope, Inc. website - http://www.choosehope.com/


For those of you who have had cancer affect your life in one way or another - my prayers go out to you! It is never easy, but know that the Lord has plans for your life (Jeremiah 29:11). Continue to pray for my dad, we still have a long road ahead of us, but God is good and I know he will see us through all of it...and to my dad...I love you with all of my heart! I am the women I am today because of all you have done for me over the years! You are truly one of my hero's! No one will ever take the place you hold in my heart! I am praying for you daily! I know the Lord will continue to restore your body!


Many Blessings,

Meagan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for the illness of your dad, I've lost both parents to illness and its not a path one should have to take, but you are not alone. Godspeed

Anonymous said...

It's funny, I hardly ever think of Daddy as being a "cancer survivor" because he handled this whole situation with such ease and acceptance that I was barely worried about it at all. But you're right-he is a survivor who is still undergoing treatment for it. I guess it's just because he's so selfless and unselfishly gives so much of his time to us and others that I don't think of him of still being sick. This was a beautiful thing to write about Daddy. I love him too, so much.