Monday, October 27, 2008

Welcome to My Cottage

As some of you might already know, my husband and I bought a 1940's cottage home in our small southern town. We love our home and I love the fact that I officially own a cottage! (Or at least it is cottage to me, if you don't think it is...don't burst my bubble!) We also love living in the historic district of our community! Like many who buy older homes, we have an incredibly long list of "to-do's" or more like..."Wes...here is my idea....now you do it!" We have gradually began to work it little by little (trying to pay cash as we go). We have redone the bathroom (our house is only 2 bedrooms, 1 bath) - are working on the kitchen, and working on the outside. We are focusing on the extreme needs first and going from there. For those of you that have "been there done that" I would love your words of wisdom! I am also struggling with what color to paint the house, so any suggestions would be welcomed! I want my house to stand out on our little street, but I don't want people to drive by and think the circus came to town. I am posting a picture of my favorite place (my cottage)...you let me know what you think!














Also just thought I would throw a few pumpkin pictures out there...This is my absolute favorite time of year - these cute little guys sit on my front porch steps!






















The air is cooler and I have been able to use my fireplace...I am one happy girl!
Happy Fall!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Meagan!
I LOVE your cottage - just love it!
My advice - paint your precious home in your favorite color! And don't worry about the rest. ;-)

Seriously!

xo,
Kim

P.S. I added your blog to my Blog Candy page too.
((hugs))

Kathleen Grace said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love your cottage, those ivy covered steps are wonderful! My advice? Add a little whimsey, and a little color, you can't go wrong when you're having fun:>) Did you sign up for my give-away?