Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Bread...

Recently I have been dedicated to making some great pumpkin breads! I love this time of year because you get an excuse to bake all kinds of goodies (and to sample all that you bake!).

I ran across this pumpkin bread recipe courtesy of a church friend.


1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

3 cups sugar

31/2 cups plain flour

2 teaspoons soda

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup oil

1 cup pumpkin

1 cup chopped pecans

4 eggs


Mix all ingredients by hand. Grease and flour two loaf pans. Fill each pan half full. Bake in 350 degree oven for one hour. To retain flavor and moisture, place bread in air-tight container as soon as removed from pan. For freezing, wrap loaf immediately in Handi-wrap and then foil.


Just a side note - I made this recipe into muffins for a get together I had at my house. Let me know if you enjoy this bread as much as I do!

Happy Fall!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These look delicious!!
Thank you for sharing and welcome to BLOGLAND!

xo,
Kim